Friday, April 1, 2011

WHY I LOVE THE DARK SIDE

The darkest of noir and most graphic of horror hold a special fascination for me. This includes both the writing and the reading of such material. Generally viewed as a traditionally male genre, crime fiction and forensics have interested me to quite the compulsive level for some time now. It was very interesting to me to look back to attempt to determine what circumstances or events may have triggered this obsession.

I wrote a non-fiction piece for Pure Slush where I review events from my past to try to find the explanation for my love of the macabre. I should point out that who I was trying to find the explanation for basically was myself. I hope you find it as thought-provoking as I did once it was done. Behavior and opinions are surely potentially influenced by occurrences around us, but how much of what we see and experience has a direct effect, and how strongly does it affect, what we choose to read and if so inclined, what we choose to write.

http://pureslush.webs.com/keepyoursugarplumfairies.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment