Friday, July 6, 2012

FLASH FICTION FRIDAY, CYCLE 87: WHO DO YOU LOVE?

I wanted to share my prompt from Flash Fiction Friday.  Please check out the site and join in any time.  Prompts are posted each Friday, and deadlines are generally the following Wednesday evening.  Here's my first one.

He was Stanley Kowalski in A Streetcar Named Desire, Colonel Walter E. Kurtz in Apocalypse Now, 1st Lt. Fletcher Christian in Mutiny on the Bounty, and Maj. Lloyd 'Ace' Gruver, USAF in Sayonara.  Marlon Brando played countless other roles, but all it took was watching him in one for him to become the object of my first crush.  That role, of course, was how he's pictured here as Johnny Strabler in The Wild One.

Intense, brooding and so exciting to this kid.  We don't need to go into exactly how old I was at the time.  Let's just leave it at 'kid'.  Anyway, years later, I found out about the dark sides of the object of my affection.  Difficult to work with, arrogant, unfaithful, just to name a few, but did that diminish the power of my first crush?  Absolutely not.

This is where I want you to go with this week's story.  Let's make it about a first crush.  One of your characters develops a crush on another of your characters--doesn't necessarily have to be a celebrity.  It can be anyone of any gender.  Then, I'd like you to have your character reveal their feelings, and here's where I'm leaving it wide open.


How is your story going to end?  Will the outcome be a Spring wedding on the shores of a Honolulu beach? Or will the outcome possibly be the anguish of your character's family member or friend being forced to file a missing person's report with the local police?


Let's explore all the how's and why's, joy and uncertainty of that first crush, and then follow to find out what happens when the secret admirer ceases to be a secret.


Prompt:  Write a story about a first crush, and include the outcome when the crush has been revealed.


Genre:  Any.


Word Limit:  1,500 words.


Due Date:  Wednesday, July 11, 10:00 pm, EST.


Also, please put the name of your story and the link to it in the Comments section of this post.


This is my very first prompt on F3--hope you have lots of fun with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment